4 april 2008

My new Camellia - and an award


I would like to show you my newest love. It's a Camellia - my second one - and I think it's adoreable. The thing with Camellias are that they don't particularly like the Swedish climate; they find it a bit too chilly. So I try to make my Camellias comfortable during winter - in our winter garden. They seem to like it there, except for sunny days when temperatures rise too high. Very soon now I will move the pots outside...spring is here!




A couple of days ago, I received an award from Shabby-chic Cat's gardening Close-ups!. It made me feel very happy - and proud! I started blogging less than a year ago, and it's a joy! To be invited into other people's gardens and to learn about new plants ... it's just great!

By accepting this award, I'm supposed to pass it along to 10 other blogs that I find interesting and well worth reading.

It's hard to choose only 10 blogs - the following 10 are amongst the blogs that I enjoy, so...here I go:

Growing a Garden in Davies
Robin's Nesting Place
Greenbow
New Sprout
Jardim com Gatos
Ute och Inne
Heimdal
Hoe and Shovel
Claires Garden
Garden Joy 4 Me
This is for you:
Wishing you all a lovely weekend! /Katarina

13 kommentarer :

Robin's Nesting Place sa...

Thank you so much for the award, I'm honored that you like my blog.

Your camellia pictures are stunning. Camellia is the state flower of my home state of Alabama. I don't see them up here in Indiana.

Priscilla George sa...

Thank you so much for the award Katarina! That means a lot to me that someone in the garden blog world likes my blog. I'm not sure who to give this to since most every blog I read probably has it already.

Beautiful Camellias they are the prettiest softest shade of pink.

growingagardenindavis sa...

Thank you, Katarina! I love the connections the garden blogging world opens up for us...and I'm glad you enjoy hearing about Davis. I'll work this weekend on passing on the honor.
I'm really enjoying your photos!

Lisa at Greenbow sa...

Your Camelias are so pretty. Are your shrubs very large? I can see why you like them so much.

Thank you so much for this award. You are so sweet to give it to me. I think everyone I read should have this honor. You included.

Marie sa...

Thank you so much for the award, I'm honored!

Beautiful Camelias on your post today!

Have a nice weekend :)

clairesgarden sa...

thank you very much for the award katarina, and for all the kind comments you leave for me.
i will post my award with my 10 nominations, its difficult to decide who to pick!!

Catherine sa...

Katarina your camelia is beautiful!! I am going to check out the ten links you passed the E award to! Have a beautiful weekend!
Cat

Anonym sa...

Beautiful new Camellia Katarina.
Regards
K

Kerri sa...

Your camellia is such a soft, beautiful shade of pink!
How lucky you are to have a winter garden. Is it a sunny room in your house?
Your blog is certainly excellent! :)

Meems sa...

Katarina: Oh how I love Camelias. They are amazingly showy and bloom profusely in March.

What a nice surprise this was waiting for me after my all-day-in-the-garden day. Thank you so much. I am tickled that you like my blog.What a nice award.
Meems @Hoe&Shovel

gintoino sa...

katarina, wow! Thank you for the award! I'm really honored!

Ewa sa...

Katarina,
Congratulations to the award :)
Your cammelia is beautiful - I love them. I tried once, but she didnt like the conditions I was trying to serve her :) since then I didnt try. I will follow your progress :)

joey sa...

Indeed your Camellias are lovely, Katarina, and such a soft shade of pink. Spring is in the air! Let's enjoy ;)